2018 in a nut shell
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Wow, what an awesome season. Just now getting closed up. A lot of little things getting done with some bigger projects on the list for this fall. Latest spring I think we have ever had here, with still 6 inches of ice 10 days before opening weekend. Scramble. Stay tuned for the list of accomplishments this season. Just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your continued support over the past 20 years. Without you all, tourism in the north would be non existent and for that we are tremendously grateful.Front deck on cabin 8 - stripped and redone along with some support beams.
Accomplishments for 2018:
- moved and fixed collapsing wood shed
- took down old cabin 14
- roof on cabins 1,2,4
- all new beds in cabin 5 along with 1 queen added to accommodate couples
On the wish list for 2019 opener:
- new bathroom at cabin 1
- new bathroom at cabin 16
- new front door on cabin 12
- more aluminium boats added to the fleet
- Front deck on cabin 7 - strip and replace decking
- Front deck on cabin 5 - strip and replace decking
- Front deck on cabin 4 - strip and replace decking
- all new beds in cabins 4,7,8 along with 1 queen added to each of those to accommodate couples
Getting caught up
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Well, after a long time waiting, here we are on our new website. I’m not much of a blogger, but I will try my best to post often and keep everyone up to date on what’s going on at Memquisit Lodge.
Our spring came late this year, the last bit of ice finally melted on April 21st. This didn’t give us much time to get all our projects done before opening weekend. Thank the heavens that Frank had some extra help this year, Larry has joined our crew. Larry owned his own business building pretty well everything you can think of, houses, house boats, docks, decks, re-shingling roofs etc. he has decided to semi-retire and work for Memquisit helping with his ideas and expertise, Frank managed to accomplish with him the following so far:
- Re-shingle the roof at Cabin 7
- New front deck on cabin 17
- New back deck on wash house for the cleaning crew
- Re-shingle the roof at Cabin 5
- Re-modelled bathroom at Cabin 12
- Finish the main dock (first half was completed in August 2015)
- New dock at Cabin 12
- New deck at Cabin 11
- Dock repair cabin 11
- Changed walk-way after the bridge
- Added deck over roots at cabin 4 deck
- New fridge cabin 9
- New bbq cabin 12
- New bbq cabin 9
- Repaired some windows
We also purchased 9 new 16 ft alumacraft fishing boats with new depth finders. To add to the 2 we bought in 2015 season.
That’s about all I can think of at this time.
Thanks for taking time to read.
Don’t forget to check us out on face book for pictures, videos and thoughts at: